NAC - N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine - 500 mg (90 caps)
Though N-acetyl-l-cysteine is a supplement form of the amino acid cysteine, its historic application was as a prescription medicine to reduce inflammation and regulate mucus in the lungs. As a supplement, it remains a strong support for your bronchial tubes and lung tissue in instances of long or post-Covid, cystic fibrosis, asthma, COPD, and pulmonary fibrosis.
- NAC directly helps your body make and replenish glutathione, arguably your body’s most powerful antioxidant. This in turn may improve our immune function
- NAC can play an important role in your body’s detoxification process, mitigating the side effects of environmental toxin exposure and helping to reduce kidney and liver damage.
- NAC helps regulate glutamate levels, the brain’s most important neurotransmitter. It appears to improve dopamine function and reduce some disease symptoms such as tremors.
- NAC may stabilize blood sugar by decreasing inflammation in fat cells and thereby improving insulin resistance. (Documented only in animal testing so far)
- Since NAC is known for reducing oxidative damage in organ tissue this may in turn assist the body in resisting strokes or heart attacks.
Warning: Daily amounts of NAC larger than 7000 mg may be toxic to human cells.
Recommended use: One 500 mg cap daily. Larger amounts of up to 3000 mg daily have been used but should only be taken under the advice of your health care professional.